Browsing through Pinterest (as I often do), I stumbled across some delicious looking banana muffins. Having been brought up always having a fresh baked tin full of muffins on the kitchen counter and a bunch of nearly brown bananas, I thought I might as well give this recipe a shot.
The original recipe serves ~18, seeing as my muffin tin only makes 12 muffins I had to modify it a little. As it turns out, and I’ve since used this recipe many times, the measurements are very open to interpretation and error and the muffins turn out fine.
Serves 12, ingredients:
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/3 cups brown sugar
- 1+ tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 whole egg in measuring cup, top up with egg whites to 1/3 cup line
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup mashed bananas
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- semi-sweet chocolate chips, as many is yummy (i.e. 3/4 cups)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray tin with cooking spray or line with muffin papers.
- Combine oats, brown sugar, baking powder + salt in large bowl. Mix.
- Whisk eggs, mashed banana, milk + vanilla. Add all dry ingredients + stir.
- Bake 18-22 mins.